8.3.13

Hello.

My name is Kurstin Sherman. I am 22 and currently living in Hawaii, although technically I am a country girl from South Dakota! I am a stay at home mom (SAHM) who enjoys crafting, home decor, technology, photography, animals, tattoos, music, being outdoors, being active, spending time with my family, goofing around with my husband, etc. I could probably go on forever about the things I enjoy, but at least that gives you a brief synopsis!

My husband Ben is 25 and originally from Missouri, he is currently a Senior Airman in the US Air Force (don't worry I'm not an annoying military wife lol). He is such a free spirit! He is extremely imaginative and creative and I absolutely love that about him! He is a very talented painter, he loves helping me with my DIY projects and always likes to put his own spin on things, he is an amazing father and husband, he has excellent taste in music, movies, and books, he knows pretty much everything lol (seriously, you could bring up any random persons name, an event, an item, etc. and he would be able to tell you all about it), he is a dreamer and always has such grand ideas, he is also very ambitious and once he sets his mind on something there's no stopping him. I am absolutely 100% in love with him and I know that he is my other half and soul mate.

Together, we created our amazing baby boy, Dallas. He is seriously the best kid ever! He was born on December 1, 2012 and we have been enjoying every minute with him! He only cries when he's hungry or tired, he sleeps for 10+ hours a night, he has a smile that could melt anyone's heart, he's just as handsome as his Daddy, and he is very smart for a baby (of course every parent thinks that about their child)!

We also have two dogs that we adopted from the Hawaiian Humane Society who are both a pain in my butt! Nalu (Hawaiian for ocean wave) is a terrier/hound mix and is the most anxious, wild, crazy animal you will ever meet! Dakota is a terrier mix as well, but looks nothing at all like Nalu. He is much more laid back and he loves to cuddle, but when him and Nalu are together it's a whole 'nother story! Together they are like a tornado, destroying everything in their path! And that is why I love them, yet want to strangle them at the same time!

My Mom is currently living with us in Hawaii as well. She is a speech therapist and loves working with kids! She took a job at one of the military elementary schools and moved here from New Mexico. She enjoys spending time with Dallas, being a beach bum, live music, and livin' the aloha lifestyle! We have enjoyed having her here with us and appreciate all of her help. She is an amazing woman and has been through so much in her life and I am proud to call her my mother and friend!

My little brother (who's not so little anymore) lives in South Dakota and is attending college at Black Hills State University. He's not sure what he is going to major in yet, but I'm sure he'll figure it out sooner or later! When Ben and I moved to Hawaii and my Mom moved to New Mexico I felt like we had abandoned him. He had never lived on his own, never paid his own bills, and didn't have a steady job; I was always worrying about him. He has done so well though! He has a wonderful girlfriend that keeps him in line, a steady job, and he has done really well with his classes! He has really grown up to be an amazing young man and I am very proud of him.

We can't wait to move back to the mainland to be closer to all of our family and friends, but until then we are enjoying our time in Hawaii and living a life of serenity and bliss!

Ben, Dallas & Me
Dakota & Nalu
My Mom (Kathy) & Brother (Michael)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So proud of you and this new journey you are taking (and very appreciative to be here in Hawaii with you, Ben and Dallas). You have become such an amazing young woman and I look forward to reading your blog post. Best of luck. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete