18.4.13

Instagram Shop @beegleandboo

So I finally got my Instagram (IG) shop up and running! I posted several of Dallas' pre-worn clothes along with several hand-made items that I also sell in my Etsy shop. It was very easy to set up, the hardest part is finding the time to take the pictures and list the item specifications.

To start off I created a new IG account because I didn't want to post on my personal account. I chose to use @beegleandboo since that is the same name as my Etsy shop. Then I listed my shop policies: First Paypal wins. No returns. Shipping and handling and Paypal fees included.

Finally I started posting my items. I took most of the pictures with the IG in-app camera because then you don't have to worry about cropping the picture into a square. I listed what brand and size the item was and how much it would cost. You can list more information about the quality if you want to, but it is not necessary. For some listings I used the Picsart app to make a collage. This can be helpful if you want to show multiple pictures of one item. For instance if there is a small stain that you want to show a close up of, if there are multiple pieces to an outfit, or if you want to show the item being worn or used. Another app that can be helpful for your IG shop is Textgram. You can use this app to add text to a picture.

When someone decides to purchase an item they will leave their Paypal email address. Then you just log-in to your Paypal, click Request Money, and then Create an Invoice. Input all of the requested information including the price, item description, and due date. If you choose to charge seperately for shipping and handling and/or Paypal fees you can enter those amounts in the invoice. Paypal charges 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction and you can either cover this expense yourself or ask your buyer to pay it, just make sure you disclose that information in your shop policies.

Finally, once the invoice has been paid you must ship the item(s). I prefer to ship through Paypal but you can also just take your items into the Post Office, UPS, FedEx, etc. From my experience Paypal has the cheapest shipping through the USPS. When an invoice is paid, it gives you an option to print a shipping label. The recipients address pre-fills and you just have to input the weight and shipping method. There is a picture at the bottom of this post that shows shipping prices by weight. I just use a kitchen scale to weigh my item(s), print the label,and then I pack the item(s) into a polymailer. You can get a couple hundred polymailers from Ebay for under $15.

To promote your shop you can do giveaways or share other shops and ask them to share your shop in return aka "share for share." You can also re-post items or screenshots to remind people what you have in your shop. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out!

And that is the basics to setting up and IG shop!! If you are new to the world of IG shops I suggest you read my post Must Read for Mommas: Instagram Shops. This post further explains how IG shops work and how to purchase items from other IG shops. You can also follow my shop or some of the others listed in the post to see how everything is done. I have included some pictures of some of the items I have for sale in my shop as examples. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

6 comments:

  1. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks.
    buy instagram followers for cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. https://adamfantacy.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 30-Day Diabetes Miracle Diet claims to teach you how to make the correct lifestyle, exercise and dietary choices to reverse your diabetes symptoms. olienmark.ampedpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Founded in 1984, this brand is completely dedicated to the modern girl who is independent and romantic and has a flair for vintage designs. Low-cost toys that sell from one to two dollars are popular all year. They coordinate their work with the fashion merchandisers and store managers who are assigned in different store outlets and locations by overseeing the visual merchandising initiatives of each unit. My Blog http://blockbtheatre.myfreesites.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been checking out many of your stories and i can state clever stuff. I will surely bookmark your blog. My Blog http://subscene.pen.io/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Blackmagic Movie theater Cameras have actually been accuracy engineered from machined steel and also miniaturized using the most up to date sophisticated electronics to deliver a rugged electronic movie camera that has the toughness to be rigged also when supporting a hefty PL mount lens. My Blog http://www.facecool.com/profiles/blogs/the-studio-will-sell-the-vehicle-as-a-premium-battle

    ReplyDelete