7.6.13

Back Yard Make-Over

I just wanted to share this with y'all because I am so proud of how it turned out! I have been making small improvements to our backyard ever since we moved in, but a few weeks ago I decided that I needed to kick it in to high gear! We love having people over for BBQ's, but we were always short on seating with just our dining set, so I decided to add an additional seating area with a fire pit. We have already had people over a few times and the space works perfectly!


We purchased our dining set at Wal-Mart and I took one chair out and put a bench (that my husband and I made) out instead. That way there is even more seating and we can always pull the extra chair out if we need it!

The curtains are made by a local Hawaiian company and are hung using 4 tension rods that are hanging by hooks. You could also use wooden dowels to hang the curtains, but the tension rods are only about $6 a piece.

We purchased the grey pavers from a local garden store for about $3.90 a piece; the red pavers and additional bricks were in our yard when we moved in.

The tiki torches, rope lights, and bamboo privacy screen are from Lowe's.

The chairs (available in stores only), pillows, planters (available in stores only), and patio lights (available in stores only) are from Target.

The mini drink tables are trash cans from Office Max that I spray painted red and flipped upside down.

The fire pit was given to us by some friends. It is in rough shape, but we are hoping to fix it up!

Here it is!!










2 comments:

  1. That looks so great! You did a great job...and gave me a bunch of ideas for if we ever end up with a yard. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad I could give you some inspiration!

      Delete